Tuesday, December 22, 2009

rabbit in rabat

So I am moving to Rabat for a year in March. My role will be to empower uneducated women in rural areas, train them in specific projects through which they will generate income for their families. Also I will have to pilot a project to culture and promote medicinal and aromatic plants. I'm told I'll also be raising rabbits & goats.

I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of raising rabbits because I love rabbits, I had 4 as pets when I was 5 and knowing that I have to raise them to be sold to restaurants unsettles me. For some reason, goats I'm okay with. (heh)

The idea is that rabbits are a great source of protein and cheap to raise (low cost).

I try to put things in perspective.........afterall, they are feeding very very poor families, who could die, otherwise.

grey area. I hope I don't have to deal with the rabbits, and I hope I get tagged to another project. ack.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I made the blog lose its first comment virginity.

    I love reading your thoughts, such a change from our happyheartsclub. now that was a leetle lame. Keep updating
    <3
    shuyi

    ReplyDelete